One of the most promising technologies in industrial ultrasound use is the connection of polymeric materials: welding by the means of ultrasound. Ultrasound allows you to take advantage of several application methods: welding fittings of hard plastic at a great distance from the place of entry of ultrasound (200-250 mm); welding multilayer structures made of reinforced plastics and soft tissues of artificial materials; welding polymers characterised by complicated welding and/or welded poorly by other welding methods; embedding precision metal parts in plastic; welding polymers on contaminated surfaces, without obligatory pre-cleaning and degreasing.
The main advantage of ultrasonic metal welding is the narrow focus of heat exposure and high repeatability of results, which is especially important for large-scale manufacturing processes and mass production in general. In addition, sonication precludes significant thermal and light radiation during welding with no melted metal mass production in the process. Ultrasound allows to weld similar and dissimilar metals of different thicknesses. The technology is most commonly used in the electronics industry.
Firmware holes and dimensional processing of brittle materials
The technology allows for firmware holes and recesses of various shapes and sizes in the articles of stone, glass, porcelain, ceramics, ferrite and other brittle materials using abrasive powder and tools, vibrating at an ultrasonic frequency.
Processing bottomhole zone wells
The effect of exposure to ultrasound at bottomhole zone is as follows: salt deposits on the walls of pores are broken, thereby increasing the permeability of the formation; acoustic degasification takes place and gas slugs in the capillaries are destroyed while electrostatic layer lowers the surface tension of the liquid in capillaries and reduces viscosity. The set of equipment consists of ultrasonic generator and the radiator shell of special design, placed on a vehicle with bay geophysical logging cable up to 4 miles.
Applications of ultrasound
- Processing industries: mineral processing, enrichment and hydrometallurgical processes metal ores, etc.
- Oil and gas industry: oil recovery wells, extraction of viscous oil separation processes in the sand – heavy oil, increasing the fluidity of the heavy oil, etc.
- Metallurgy and mechanical engineering: refinement of metal melts, structure refinement ingot / casting, metal surface treatment for its hardening and stress relief, treatment of external and internal surfaces of the cavities of machine parts, etc.
- Chemical and biochemical techniques: extraction, adsorption, filtration, drying, emulsification, obtaining suspension, mixing, dispersing, dissolving, flotation, degassing, evaporation, coagulation, coalescence polymerisation and depolymerisation processes, the preparation of nanomaterials, etc.
- Energy: combustion of liquid and solid fuel cooking fuel emulsions, the production of biofuels, etc.
- Agriculture, food and light industry: the processes of seed germination and plant growth, the preparation of food additives, confectionery technology, the preparation of alcoholic and soft drinks, etc.
- Utilities: water recovery wells, potable water, removal of sediment from the inner walls of the heat exchangers, etc.
- Environmental protection: waste water, contaminated by petroleum products, heavy metals, persistent organic compounds, purification of contaminated soil, cleaning of industrial gas streams, etc.
- Recycling: devulcanisation of rubber, purification of metallurgical slag from oil pollution, etc.